Acrylic tubs are lightweight, available in many different sizes and shapes, and are a popular choice of bathtubs in many homes. Cleaning your acrylic tub does not have to be a difficult task as long as you know the right kind of products to use. Here is everything you need to know about the best acrylic tub cleaner that you can use at home!
After spending dozens of hours doing online research and testing some of the most promising acrylic tub cleaners, we found the best results with the Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover. It is a unique product made for cleaning acrylic tubs that will make sure you never see those nasty stains again. The great thing is – this is a multipurpose cleaner. You can use it on any surface in your bathroom except for wood.
You can read more on our impressions with this product further down in this article. But first, you need to learn more about the topic at hand.
How often do you need to clean your acrylic tub?
Generally, it is essential that you clean your acrylic bathtub at least once a week. You can use a good tub cleaner for this. However, depending on how often you use your acrylic bathtub, the kind of water you get in your home and how dirty the tub is, you might have to clean your bathtub more than just once a week.
Is it safe to scrub an acrylic bathtub?
You can deep clean your acrylic bathtub occasionally to really remove any kind of stains, marks or spots that might have formed on your tub. However, an acrylic bathtub is inherently very soft and supple, which means that you can damage it easily if you use harsh, abrasive cleaners on it.
You can use a perfect acrylic tub cleaner which can help you clean and maintain your bathtub while also removing any kind of spots, marks, and stains. However, avoid using harsh abrasive cleaners and tools to clean your acrylic bathtub.
What are the qualities of a good cleaner for an acrylic bathtub?
There are many different varieties of cleaners available for your acrylic bathtub. However, when you are looking to choose the best cleaner for your bathtub at home, there are a few crucial points you should consider.
- The acrylic bathtub cleaner should not contain any bleach, acid, or harsh chemicals in them. Acrylic bathtubs are very soft and supple, which means that they can damage quite easily as well. The best way to clean an acrylic bathtub is to use a mild cleaner that does not contain any harsh chemicals or bleach, but simply helps you regularly clean and maintain the look and hygiene of your bathtub.
- You should also look for an acrylic bathtub cleaner that dissolves soap scum, rust stains, grime, dirt and spots from the surface of your tub. These are the most common kinds of places and issues that you might find on your bathtub, and the cleaner that you choose should be gentle, yet powerful enough to get rid of these marks and grime without damaging your tub.
- The last thing that you should look for in the best cleaner for your acrylic bathtub is that you should look for a cleanser that is affordable and economical. The price should be competitive, and the brand should have a good reputation on the market amongst customers.
What kind of cleaners can be used on acrylic tubs?
Every bathtub owner knows that cleaning acrylic tubs can be quite overwhelming. However, you can use natural ingredients from your kitchen- vinegar, lemon, and baking soda for cleaning your bathtub regularly. You can also purchase good cleaners from the market, which are safe to use for your acrylic tubs.
These cleaners can be all-natural or contain mild chemicals, whichever type you prefer for your home. Dilute the cleaners with water, and use a scrubbing brush if you need to get rid of really stubborn stains and grime. Green cleaners are the safest bet to use for your acrylic bathtubs as they do the job effectively without damaging your tub!
What kind of stains do you usually find on an acrylic tub?
Acrylic tubs are very soft and supple and quite prone to developing stains and streaks on their surface. Some of the most common kind of stains you will find on your acrylic tub is soap scum, hard water stains, mold and mildew stains, and rust stains. You might also find yellow discoloration which might occur due to the accumulation of natural oil from a human’s body.
Can a good cleaner remove odor from an acrylic bathtub?
When you regularly use your acrylic bathtub, you will notice a kind of musty smell developing in your tub. The smell is due to building up residue, soap scum, natural oils from a human body, etc. A good cleaner can help remove all of these odors and leaves a mild, pleasant smell from your tub after you clean it.
What is the best cleaner for acrylic tubs?
There are hundreds of different products out there that “guarantee” that they can remove every stain from your acrylic bathtub. But only a few can live up to that promise. We tested the best selling cleaners, and here are our impressions:
The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover
The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover is a fantastic product when it comes to removing any type of stains from your acrylic tub. It dissolves the soap scum, body oils and mold stains without the need to scrub. Just spray the stained surface and after a few minutes just wipe it off with a cloth or a sponge. You can use it on pretty much any bathroom surface except for wood.Check the price on Amazon
When it comes to cleaning and maintaining your acrylic bathtub, there can be nothing better than a good cleaner that can help you get rid of soap scum, musty odors, grime, and other marks from your tub. The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover is the best product on the market for your acrylic bathtub. It is gentle and mild, yet so powerful that it can help you get rid of any stains and odors you might have on your tub.
The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover is a commercial strength tub cleaner that can help you remove all kinds of stains, marks, spots, and odor from your acrylic bathtub without damaging the surface.
The ingredients are very mild and do not contain any chemicals, bleach, or acid in them. It ensures that you do not damage your acrylic bathtub due to these harsh abrasives.
Bucko is very easy to use; all you need to do is spray it, allow it to sit undisturbed for a few minutes and simply rinse it off!
Why We Like It:
- An easy to use, hassle-free acrylic tub cleaner can be hard to find, however, this cleaner is totally bothering free. Simply spray, sit, and rinse it off! You can even remove tough stains by merely letting the spray sit for longer before rinsing it off.
- The cleaner has a very mild, lemon water smell. It ensures that you can remove any kind of bad odors from your tub while leaving behind a soft, pleasant scent on the container after you have cleaned it.
- The easy to use spray bottle solution is a hassle-free approach to using your favorite acrylic tub cleaner.
- You can restore a beautiful shine to your acrylic bathtub after you have used Bucko to clean it.
What We Don’t Like:
- Some homeowners might not like the lemon water smell which Bucko leaves behind on your acrylic tub. However, this problem is quite easy to fix! Simply keep your bathroom well ventilated after you have used Bucko to clean it, and rinse the tub once again. It will get rid of the lemon water smell in no time.
Why You Should Get It:
If you are looking for a commercial strength acrylic tub cleaner that can help you remove all kinds of stains, marks, and odors from your tub without damaging the surface, then The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover is the best product you can get on the market! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Oh Yuk Tub Cleaner
Oh Yuk Tub Cleaner is another great product on our list. It is the most effective cleaner for jetted tubs. It takes only 15 minutes to make your tub shine. It works great on removing soap build-up, body oils, dirt, grime, and black flakes. If you want a cleaner that doesn’t require any scrubbing, you need to check it out. Oh Yuk Tub Cleaner helps you do the job without any hassle at all.Check the price on Amazon
Oh Yuk Tub Cleaner is an excellent solution for cleaning out body oils, dirt, grime, and even bacteria and germs from your acrylic tub. The best part is that the tub cleaner does the work on its own! You don’t need to intervene in the cleaning process at all.
Pour Oh Yuk Tub Cleaner into your bathtub with some water, and let the jets in your bathtub run for just about 15 minutes! That’s it! Sit back and watch Oh Yuk cleaning your bathtub effectively in absolutely no time.
If you don’t have automatic jets in your bathtub, not a problem! Use Oh Yuk Bathtub Cleaner along with a sponge, a cloth, or even a brush and clean your acrylic bathtub efficiently.
Why We Like It:
- Fast working solution- works within 15 minutes
- Removes black flakes, body oils, soap scum, grime and stuck on dirt
- Makes the tub smell clean and fresh
- You can use it regularly for maintaining your tub and keeping the pipes clean
What We Don’t Like:
- You might have to dip your hands into the dirty water to clean out the gunk from the pipes and your bathtub
The fix: Take a long-handled scrubbing brush and wear protective gloves if you don’t want to get your hands dirty!
Why You Should Get It:
A clean bathtub is something that any homeowner wishes for. With the help of Oh Yuk Bathtub Cleaner, you too can effectively clean your acrylic bathtub in just 15 minutes! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Better Life Tub Cleaner
Many people will always prefer to use natural cleaning products in their homes. If you are also one of them, then Better Life Tub Cleaner is an excellent product for you. Better Life Tub Cleaner helps you naturally dissolve dirt, grime, soap scum, deposits, and hard water stains. It uses all-natural products, so you can be sure that you will not damage your acrylic bathtub.
Many people will always prefer to use natural cleaning products in their homes. If you are also one of them, then Better Life Tub Cleaner is an excellent product for you. Better Life Tub Cleaner helps you naturally dissolve dirt, grime, soap scum, deposits, and hard water stains. It uses all-natural products, so you can be sure that you will not damage your acrylic bathtub.Check the price on Amazon
The best part about Better Life Tub Cleaner is the fact that it is entirely natural. The cleaner will leave your bathtub smelling clean and fresh without the use of any synthetic perfumes and fragrances. Additionally, the formula also helps you completely eliminate mold, mildew, and any stains left by them.
If you have pets or kids at home, then Better Life Tub Cleaner is a fantastic non-toxic, and safe product to use. You can use this formula regularly to clean your acrylic bathtub without damaging the tub, or the environment!
Why We Like It:
- Completely natural, non-toxic and safe formula
- Eliminates odors from your bathtub without synthetic perfumes
- Removes mold and mildew as well as rust stains
- You can either rinse it off or leave the formula without rinsing
What We Don’t Like:
- The smell of the cleaner can irritate some who have sensitivities
The fix: You can keep a window open or ventilate your bathroom when using the cleaner, so the smell automatically disappears without irritating your eyes or nose.
Why You Should Get It:
When it comes to all-natural cleaners, which are great for everyday use, Better Life Tub Cleaner is definitely an excellent pick for your home. Use the cleaner for your acrylic bathtub without worrying about damage ever again. Rinse it off or let the cleaner stay- whichever you prefer! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.