Your gold chain can be one of your most prized possessions which you never want to take off your neck! However, you also need to know the right methods to clean your jewelry to make sure that it is always looking as good as new. If you are looking for remedies on how to clean a gold chain, then here are all the simple ways that will help you clean your gold chain at home.
How to clean your gold chain using soap and club soda
The easiest and quickest solution that you can use to clean your gold chain is to use a solution of soap and club soda. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and fill it up with 2 cups of club soda. Make sure that the liquid is warm and not cold.
- Add a few drops of any mild dishwashing solution and mix it well to create a solution.
- Place your gold chain into this solution and allow it to soak for 15 minutes undisturbed.
- Take a soft-bristled toothbrush and gently scrub your gold chain thoroughly. Make sure to wash the entire gold chain and any crevices, nooks, and crannies well to remove all the dirt, gunk, and build up within your gold chain.
- Take another bowl of clean, warm water, and rinse out your gold chain thoroughly in this water.
- Finally, take a soft cloth or a microfiber cloth and blot dry your gold chain thoroughly. Buff the gold chain using the soft cloth to return its shine and make it look as good as new.
How to clean your gold chain using rubbing alcohol
You can use a solution of rubbing alcohol and water to clean your gold chain, however, since this method can be slightly abrasive, do not use it on very delicate and fragile gold chains. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and create a solution of equal parts of warm water and rubbing alcohol.
- Soak your gold chain in this solution for a few minutes and then simply remove your gold chain from the solution, blot it dry with a soft, clean cloth and store away your gold chain! The rubbing alcohol not only cleans your gold chain but also sanitizes and disinfects it at the same time.
How to clean your gold chain using ammonia
Another excellent method to deep clean your gold chain occasionally can be to use an ammonia solution. However, be careful not to use this solution too often as it can damage your gold chain. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and fill it up with 6 parts of warm water and just 1 part of ammonia.
- Mix this solution well.
- Place your gold chain into the ammonia solution for just a minute, or even lesser.
- Immediately remove your gold chain and rinse it off well under running water. Make sure that you do not keep your gold chain in the ammonia solution for too long, and you wash it off with water immediately to prevent any damage.
- Blot and dry your gold chain with a soft, clean cloth or a microfiber cloth.
How to clean your gold chain using boiling water
Boiling water can be a great solution to loosening up any stuck up or trapped dirt and grime from your gold chain and helping you clean it easily. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a large bowl and fill it up with normal water. You do not need to add too much water, just enough to submerge your gold chain into it.
- Take another large bowl in which you will keep your gold chain.
- Once the water has come to a boil, pour it into the other bowl with the gold chain in it.
- Now, allow your gold chain to sit in this water undisturbed.
- Once the water has completely cooled down or comes to room temperature, remove your gold chain from the water and scrub it thoroughly using a soft brush.
- Take a soft, clean cloth and dry off your gold chain entirely before storing it.
How to clean your gold chain using beer
As funny as this may sound, you can actually get a good cleaning of your gold chain by using beer! Here is how you can do it:
- Take a soft cloth and pour some beer into one end of the fabric.
- Take your gold chain in your hands and rub up and down the links of it to clean thoroughly.
- In case you can see any stubborn stains or marks on your gold chain, you can pour some beer into a small bowl. Now, take a soft toothbrush and dip it into the bowl of beer.
- Use this soft brush to scrub your gold chain thoroughly and remove all the stains, dirt, and build up from your chain.
How to clean your gold chain using toothpaste
Here is another method that you can use easily at home to clean your gold chain using just toothpaste. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a soft-bristled toothbrush and apply just a dot of toothpaste on to your brush. Make sure that you do not use too much, as toothpaste can be abrasive on your gold jewelry if you put too much.
- Take your gold chain in your hands and begin gently scrubbing the chain thoroughly.
- Once you finish cleaning your entire gold chain, you will be able to see visible results.
- Rinse off your gold chain under warm running water and dry it thoroughly using a soft, clean cloth.
How to clean your gold chain using vinegar
Finally, you can use good old white vinegar to clean your gold chain. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and pour some white, distilled vinegar into it.
- Place your gold chain into this bowl and allow it to sit undisturbed for a few minutes.
- After about 15 minutes, remove your gold chain and rinse it under warm, running water.
- Use a soft, clean cloth to dry off your gold chain before storing.