Most people choose nylon bags because of their durability and sturdiness. However, if you do not regularly clean your nylon bag, you will invariably reduce its lifespan. If you are wondering how to clean a nylon bag in some of the easiest ways possible, here is everything you need to know about cleaning your nylon bags!
We will also share with you a couple of tools we use such as the Amazer Scrub Brush, that will make this task much easier and save you a lot of time.
How to clean your nylon bag using soap and water
For those who clean their nylon bags regularly, you can use this soap and water method to clean your nylon bags easily. Here is how you can do it:
- The first thing you will need to do is to remove all of the items from your nylon bag and unzip its compartments before you wash it.
- Fill up your bathtub, laundry basin, or sink with warm water. Now, add a few drops of mild laundry detergent into the water and stir it to create a soapy, sudsy solution.
- Place your nylon bag into this soapy solution and allow it to soak thoroughly, for at least one hour.
- Remove the nylon bag from the soap solution after one hour. Take a damp cloth and rub at the stains and marks on your nylon bag to get rid of them. If there are any stubborn stains, then take an old toothbrush and scrub the stains from your nylon bag. Dip your old toothbrush into the soapy water solution and continue rubbing it to remove any remaining marks from your nylon bag.
- Now, drain the soapy water out of your bathtub or laundry basin or sink. Fill it up again with fresh, warm water.
- Rinse the nylon bag thoroughly with warm water.
- Wipe the entire nylon bag entirely with a dry cloth or towel, even the insides, the pockets and all the compartments of your nylon bag.
- Finally, hang your nylon bag outside to air dry naturally, but avoid hanging it out in direct sunlight as the color of the nylon bag might fade.
How to clean your nylon bag with baby wipes
- Remove all the contents of your nylon bag.
- Take a baby wipe in your hand and gently begin scrubbing the marks or spills directly on your nylon bag.
- If there are any stubborn stains, you can even squirt one pump of a mild hand washing soap on your baby wipe and wipe the nylon bag with it.
- Take another baby wipe to altogether remove all the soap residue from your nylon bag.
- Finally, wipe the entire bag with a clean cloth.
How to clean your nylon bag in a washing machine
Another excellent method to clean your nylon bag is to put it in your washing machine. Here is how you can do it:
- Empty out all the contents from your nylon bag.
- Take it outside and hold it upside down. Shake it and make sure you remove any crumbs or dirt from the nylon bag.
- Now, set your washing machine in the coldest temperature setting, as this will ensure that any stains or marks do not set on your bag.
- Add usual laundry detergent into the washing machine, however, add only half the amount of soap you would combine into a small load of laundry.
- Wash your nylon bag in the standard spin cycle settings as you would for other clothes.
- Finally, remove your bag from the washing machine and hang it out to air dry. Do not put your nylon bag in the dryer as it will damage it. Also, make sure that you don’t place your nylon bag in direct sunlight to prevent fading of the colors.
How to clean nylon bags using talcum powder
In case you have any oil-based stains or spills on your nylon bag, you can use talcum powder to clean it. Here is how you can do it:
- Remove all the contents from your nylon bag before you begin.
- Take a soft cloth and wipe away the oil spill or stain from your nylon bag, but don’t rub it too hard.
- Take some talcum powder and sprinkle it directly on the oil stain or spill on your nylon bag.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes as the talcum powder absorbs the oil.
- Take an old toothbrush and gently brush away the talcum powder from the bag.
- If the stain persists, simply repeat the steps with the talcum powder and toothbrush.
- Once you have removed the stains, you can wash your nylon bag.
- Now either place it into the washing machine and run it on a normal spin cycle using the coldest water settings, or you can manually wash your nylon bag in the sink.
- Create a soap water solution and hand soak your nylon bag in the tub.
- Once you have done this, allow your nylon bag to air dry naturally by hanging it outside.
How to clean your nylon bag with alcohol
Finally, you can also use rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol to clean your nylon bag. Here is how you can do it:
- The first step to this process is for you to take an old toothbrush and gently brush out any stains from the surface of your nylon bag.
- Now, take a microfiber cloth and squirt a small, dime-sized pump of mild detergent on the fabric.
- Use the material to scrub out any stains from your nylon bag.
- Pour a few drops of rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol directly on to the stubborn stains of your nylon bag.
- Take a clean cloth and blot away the stains.
- Take your hairdryer on the lowest heat settings and dry the nylon bag.
- Finally, you can wash your nylon bag in the washing machine and hang it out to dry.
How do you get stains out of a nylon bag?
When it comes to removing stains from your nylon bag, you need the right cleaning product. You can opt for a powder, gel, or cream cleaner for this. However, ensure that the solution will not discolor or harm your nylon bag.
Soak the nylon bag (or just the area with the stain) in warm water. Add some detergent to warm water and apply it directly to the stain. Let it soak for a few minutes, then scrub it with a scrubbing brush. Do this gently to not damage the bag. Rinse, and repeat if necessary to thoroughly remove stains from your nylon bag.
Is it safe to wash your nylon bag in the washing machine?
Many people are often skeptical about washing their nylon bags in a washing machine. However, the truth is that you can wash it in a machine, but remember to read the label first.
Every manufacturer will provide different cleaning instructions. As long as your nylon bag is washing machine safe, you can easily use a good detergent to wash it without causing it any damage! In case there are special instructions about how to wash the bag, you should follow them so that you don’t discolor or damage your nylon bag while cleaning!
Best tools to use for cleaning your nylon bag
Although the methods above are great and will definitely make a huge difference, sometimes you may need professional help. Here are our recommendations:
Amazer Scrub Brush
Cleaning your nylon bag does not have to be a tough task any longer when you have the Amazer Scrub Brush with you. With extra durable and sturdy fibers, this scrub brush allows you to really clean your nylon bag efficiently; without causing any damage to the nylon fibers. The Amazer Scrub Brush is the brush we use all around in our home for every cleaning task and couldn’t be happier.Check the price on Amazon
An ergonomically shaped handle on the Amazer Scrub Brush allows you to grip it with ultimate comfort. You can apply as much or as little pressure as you wish without straining your body to do so.
Apply any cleaner that you wish, or add some dish soap or laundry detergent to your nylon bag, and use this scrubber for best results. The bristles of the Amazer Scrub Brush are durable and long-lasting, so you know that they will not break or fall apart while using it.
The Amazer Scrub Brush dries quickly so you can reuse it as many times as you need to. The best part is; it helps you really deep clean your nylon bag without any hassle!
Why We Like It:
- Very comfortable handle with a good grip
- Durable and sturdy bristles; does not bend after multiple uses
- Easy to air dry fast and store due to the shape of the handle
- You can reuse the scrub brush several times
What We Don’t Like:
- Some users complain that the handle of the brush comes off after heavy usage. This was not the case for the brush we have at home.
The fix: You can either use hot glue to stick the handle back to the scrub brush, or use some duct tape to do the same
Why You Should Get It:
A durable and robust scrubbing brush is just what you need to clean your nylon bags really deep. Amazer Scrub Brush does the job with utmost ease! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Tide Pods Laundry Detergent
No matter what kind of dirt, stains, or marks are on your nylon bag, a good laundry detergent can help you get rid of them in no time. If you are looking for the best detergent for the job, then Tide Pods Laundry Detergent is just what you need. This is our favorite detergent, and it is what we use in our home. The pads are very easy to use and do a fantastic job.
No matter what kind of dirt, stains, or marks are on your nylon bag, a good laundry detergent can help you get rid of them in no time. If you are looking for the best detergent for the job, then Tide Pods Laundry Detergent is just what you need. This is our favorite detergent, and it is what we use in our home. The pads are very easy to use and do a fantastic job.Check the price on Amazon
The Tide Pods Laundry Detergent contains 90% active ingredients that work in the fastest and most efficient way possible. These active ingredients immediately target the stains and odors on your nylon bag, removing them from the root.
Not only do the Tide Pods remove all kinds of stains, but they also contain an active color protection technology that protects the bright, beautiful colors of your nylon bag. Thanks to the small individual packaging, you don’t have to worry about wastage or overusing the product. Place a Tide Pod in hot or cold water, and it will collapse almost immediately with powerful cleaning ingredients and Smart Suds.
The gel formula of the Tide Pods makes it easy to handle and break down in the water, giving you superior cleaning action.
Why We Like It:
- 90% of active ingredients gives more powerful cleaning
- No wastage or spillage of the product due to individual packaging
- Dissolves quickly in hot or cold water
- Removes stains and odors within one wash
What We Don’t Like:
- Due to the high concentration of the product, it can be quite dangerous if it comes into contact with your eyes or mouth. Also very dangerous to keep around children.
The fix: Make sure you always protect your eyes when handling this product. Wash your hands after touching the Tide Pods, and keep away from children to avoid accidents.
Why You Should Get It:
Tide Pods Laundry Detergent is an excellent cleaning formula for those looking to remove all kinds of stains and odors from your nylon bags. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know in the comment section below!