Jade is a beautiful green or reddish-brown colored precious stone that has ornamental as well as healing and spiritual purposes. Jade stones are great for pendants, crystals, earrings, rings, statues, and for healing purposes as well. If you are looking for some great methods of how to clean jade to keep it looking new and shining, here is everything you need to know about it!
If you ask us, how we take care of our jade stones, then we need to admit that we use the Simple Shine Cleaner Solution. It is an amazing jewelry cleaner that works wonders on jade. You can check our full impressions with the cleaner further down in this article.
What is the best way to clean Jade?
For regular cleaning, use a mild detergent and water, along with a toothbrush for scrubbing. You can also use a formula of mild dish soap, water, and a small amount of ammonia for more in-depth cleaning of your Jade. However, the best option would be to find a good cleaner on the market.
The cleaner will help you get a professional cleaning experience for all your jade products- while still protecting it against any discoloration or damage. Make sure to polish and buff the Jade using a dry, microfiber cloth for best results! Doing this regularly is the best way to clean Jade.
Can Jade be washed?
Yes, you can definitely wash Jade. When it comes to keeping your beautiful Jade clean and sparkling, you will most definitely have to take good care of it. You can soak your Jade in warm water, or even add some mild dish soap to this for gentle cleaning.
Remember to thoroughly dry the Jade and use a good microfiber cloth for buffing. It is not a good idea to use any harsh chemical cleaners for Jade as this may cause damage. Wash your Jade using only warm water and not hot, boiling water, as Jade is very delicate.
Best cleaners for jade
Although the homemade methods are going to do a fine job in cleaning your jade stones, sometimes you will need a professional grade cleaner. Especially if you have neglected your jade for a while. Here are our recommendations:
Simple Shine Cleaner Solution
The Simple Shine Gentle Jewelry Cleaner Solution is our favorite jewelry cleaner by far! It is a multipurpose jewelry cleaner that works very well on jade stones. The cleaner is safe, gentle, but yet powerful enough to make tarnish and dirt disappear right away. It is free of toxins and doesn’t contain harsh chemicals. If you need a professional grade cleaner, this is the perfect product for cleaning your jade.Check the price on Amazno
Using the wrong cleaning products on your Jade can really damage it. A biodegradable and non-toxic cleaner is the best option, like Simple Shine Cleaner Solution. The cleaning solution works effectively without the use of ammonia, harsh, and abrasive chemicals.
Jade requires really gentle cleaning to protect it, which is why Simple Shine Cleaner Solution provides you with the best cleaning option without damage. The formula is entirely non-toxic and biodegradable, making it safe not only for your Jade but also for the environment.
Pour out the cleaning solution in the tray, place your Jade in it, and allow it to soak for a few minutes. In case of really stubborn stains, use the small cleaning brush for better results. Rinse away the formula, and buff the Jade using a dry, clean cloth.
Your Jade will look absolutely as good as new with Simple Shine Cleaner Solution. The product is so gentle that you can use it for all your stones without worrying about any damage.
Why We Like It:
- Safe, non-toxic and biodegradable product
- Fast working solution
- Does not contain any harsh chemicals or ammonia
- Cleans as well as restores shine to Jade
What We Don’t Like:
- For more stubborn stains or really old buildup, the solution does not work as fast as it says
The fix: Instead of taking out your Jade after just a few minutes, soak it for about 20 minutes, and use the scrubbing brush for a thorough cleaning.
Why You Should Get It:
Those looking for a safe and non-toxic cleaner for their Jade will absolutely love Simple Shine Cleaner Solution. The formula works great to remove all kinds of marks, stains, dirt, and grime. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Brilliant Jewelry Cleaner
The Brilliant Jewelry Cleaner is another multipurpose jewelry cleaner that works well on jade. This is a versatile cleaner that removes tarnish, dirt, and many other tough to beat stains from almost all types of jewelry. The formula is non-toxic, which makes it completely safe your you and your precious stones. You should avoid using the solution for cleaning pearls. It comes with a cleaning brush.Check the price on Amazon
Just as the name suggests, Brilliant Jewelry Cleaner really does a brilliant job on your jade items! The cleaning solution is really gentle, so it will not damage the stone. However, it is also very effective in really cleaning Jade thoroughly.
Brilliant Jewelry Cleaner comes with a handy little basket, which makes it easy for you to remove your jade jewelry from the solution after cleaning. In case you need to really deep clean the stone, leave it to soak for about 20 minutes and then use the little brush for thoroughly cleaning it.
The jar in which the formula comes in also has a small handle at the side. You can store your cleaning brush here while cleaning the Jade for easy access. Within just minutes of soaking the Jade in Brilliant Jewelry Cleaner, you will see a visible difference.
Use this cleaner whenever you wish to clean your Jade and also re-shine and polish it to make it look like new. An effortless way to clean all your Jade products in one go!
Why We Like It:
- Easy-to-use formula for cleaning Jade
- Works within minutes of using the formula
- Does not streak or leave any residue
- Gentle enough for regular use on Jade
What We Don’t Like:
- The brush bristles which come with the product are not very firm, making cleaning small spaces a little more difficult
The fix: You can switch out the cleaner brush for an old toothbrush you already have!
Why You Should Get It:
Brilliant Jewelry Cleaner works great for cleaning all your Jade within minutes. Whether you want to do a gentle cleaning or a deep cleaning, this formula is an excellent option for all your Jade. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
How to clean your jade stone using soap and water
If you want to regularly clean your jade stone just to keep dirt, dust, and marks at bay, then soap and water is an excellent cleaning solution for your jade. Here is how you can do it:
- If you are going to clean your jade stone in the sink, make sure that you use a filter so that you don’t lose your stone if it slips and falls from your fingers while cleaning.
- Take a soft cloth and wet it under running water. With the wet cloth, wipe the surface of your jade properly.
- Now, take a small bowl and add a few drops of hand washing liquid into the container. Now, add some warm water and mix the solution thoroughly to create a soapy mixture. (In case the jade has stubborn dirt or stains on it, take a large container and fill it up with hot water and soap. Mix it up well, and place your jade into the solution for 2 minutes. The process loosens up the dirt, oils, sweat, marks, and stains from your jade so you can clean it quickly).
- Using a soft cloth or a soft brush, dip the cloth or brush into the soapy water solution and use it to scrub all the parts of your jade gently. Use only gentle movements and do not scrub very aggressively, as you may end up scratching your jade.
- Now, rinse out the jade under running water.
- Dry your jade stone or jewelry either by blotting it with a towel or by using an air dryer at the lowest setting.
- Lastly, if you wish to polish your jade, you can use some olive oil and a polishing cloth to clean your jade and make it shine as good as new once again.
How to clean your jade stone using vinegar
Another excellent method to clean your jade is to use vinegar as a cleaning agent. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small container and create a diluted mixture of white vinegar and water.
- Place your jade stone or jewelry into the vinegar-water mixture and let it sit for about 15 minutes or lesser.
- After 15 minutes, carefully remove the jade from the vinegar solution. Take a little bit of liquid handwashing soap in a soft brush or a sponge and clean your jade with this.
- Rinse off your jade under running water to clean it thoroughly.
- Take a soft, dry cloth and dry your jade entirely before you store it or wear it again.
- If you wish to, you can polish your jade with a polishing cloth and some olive oil.
How to clean your jade stone using ammonia
In this method, you can learn to clean your jade using a mild ammonia solution. However, you should be very careful when using this method as jade is a delicate stone. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a large bowl and mix 8 parts of water, 1 part dish soap and 1 part ammonia in it. Mix the entire solution well.
- Take a soft cloth or a soft brush and dip it into the solution.
- Use very light and gentle pressure to clean the surface of your jade with the brush and the cleaning solution.
- Rinse out the jade under running water.
- Take an air dryer or merely a dry, clean cloth and dry your jade carefully.
- Take some olive oil or wax and polish your jade using a polishing cloth to bring back its shine and polish.
How to clean your jade stone using baking soda
Another alternative method to clean your jade is to use baking soda to clean it. However, you must be very careful with this method as well, as baking soda can be slightly abrasive and you don’t want to scratch your beautiful jade while cleaning. Here is how you can do it:
- Take one gallon of water in a bucket and add just ½ cup baking soda to it. Mix this well.
- Take a small amount of the soda water and apply it directly on your jade. Do not dip the jade into the soda water solution, instead, pick up some solution and pour it on your jade.
- Take a soft cloth or a sponge and gently rub the surface of the jade. Be very careful during this step as the baking soda can be abrasive, and you don’t want to damage your stone while cleaning it.
- Rinse your jade under running water. Take a soft, clean cloth and dry the jade completely.
- Finally, take some wax or olive oil and a polishing cloth and gently polish your jade stone or jewelry to make it shine once again.
How to clean your jade stone using ketchup
Finally, one last method you can use to clean your jade stone is to use ketchup as a cleaning agent. Ketchup has acidic properties which can break down dirt and debris from your jade, helping you to clean it. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and pour a generous amount of ketchup into it. Use only tomato ketchup for this method and not a hot sauce or any other kind of sauce.
- Place your jade into the bowl and let it immerse in the ketchup for about 5 to 10 minutes only.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, remove your jade from the ketchup bowl and take a sponge or a toothbrush to scrub and clean it gently.
- Run your jade under running water and dry it using an air dryer or a soft, clean towel.
- Finally, use some wax or olive oil to polish your jade and bring back its shine.
DIY Jade Polish
Jade is a beautiful stone on its own, however, without proper cleaning and polishing, it can start to look very dull and dirty. To restore its natural look, you need to polish Jade- which you can easily do yourself at home.
Please take an excellent cleaner and polisher, and soak the Jade in it for about 20 minutes. Rinse off the Jade and take a dry, soft cloth. Start buffing the Jade slowly but using gentle pressure. Doing this will ensure that your Jade looks shiny and as good as new. You can also use gloves while doing this, so you don’t get fingerprints on the Jade after polishing.