Shoes are one of the first things that a person notices about you, so it is quite apparent that you want to always have a great pair of kicks on your feet! However, velvet shoes can be quite tricky to take care of if you don’t know the right methods to clean them. Here are some great remedies on how to clean velvet shoes.
In a hurry? Check out the DeadStock Los Angeles Shoe Cleaner Kit. It is an amazing cleaner and works wonders when dealing with any kind of stain from velvet shoes. This is the product we use and can recommend with confidence. You can read more about it further down in this article!
How to clean your velvet shoes with soap and water
Here is an excellent method you can use to clean your velvet shoes using soap and water:
- Take a microfiber cloth or a paper towel and blot off any stains or marks you can see on your velvet shoes.
- Take a small bowl and add water to it. Now, add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to this and mix it well.
- Take a soft toothbrush and dip it into the soapy water solution, however, do not pick up the excess solution as you can damage your velvet shoes.
- Gently scrub away the stains from your shoes using the soapy water solution and your toothbrush.
- Let the solution sit for just a few minutes on your velvet shoes, then take a clean, dry cloth and wipe it away. You can also use an air dryer to dry it quicker if you want.
- In case any stain remains, simply repeat the process once again.
Best cleaners for velvet shoes?
Sometimes your velvet shoes might require a bit more than soap and water. If you have tougher stains here are a couple of products that will help you right away:
DeadStock Los Angeles Natural Shoe Cleaner
The DeadStock Shoe Cleaner Kit is a premium, all-natural cleaning solution that helps you remove any stains from your velvet shoes. The formula doesn’t contain any colored dye and won’t cause staining, as many other products do. It comes with a cleaning brush and a microfiber towel for easier cleaning. It is multipurpose, so you can use it on many different types of shoes or sneakers.Check the price on Amazon
Velvet shoes can look absolutely fabulous with most outfits if you pair them well. Still, dirty velvet shoes are a big no-no for any occasion! When it comes to cleaning your precious velvet shoes, you need to find a cleaner that is safe and gentle on the fabric, yet removes all traces of dirt, grime, mud, and stains from them quickly.
DeadStock Los Angeles Natural Shoe Cleaner is the best cleaner you can get for your velvet shoes. The amazing thing about this cleaning solution is that it is entirely natural, organic, and has absolutely no toxic ingredients.
You can use this cleaner on your delicate velvet shoes without leaving behind any stains or residue on them. The DeadStock Los Angeles Natural Shoe Cleaner kit also comes with a brush and a microfiber towel- the brush helps you really remove all traces of dirt and stains from the shoes. In contrast, the microfiber towel is great for drying your shoes safely.
Why We Like It:
- The gentle, all-natural formula does not leave behind any residue or streaks on the shoes
- You can use the cleaner regularly without damaging your shoes
- The cleaning solution is entirely organic and safe for your velvet shoes, as well as your skin and the environment!
- you don’t need any other cleaning products or tools with this cleaning formula
What We Don’t Like:
- In some cases, the cleaning solution might leave behind a slight color tinge on your shoes
The fix: If you see this happening, immediately wipe the area clean using a damp cloth and mild soap, and the color will disappear
Why You Should Get It:
Cleaning your velvet shoes has never been easier than with DeadStock Los Angeles Natural Shoes Cleaner. The entire kit comes with a cleaning solution, a brush, and a microfiber towel as well! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Instead of having to clean your velvet shoes every day, isn’t it better to avoid dirt in the first place? After you are done cleaning, you may want to apply a protective coating. The Scotchgard Protector is what you are looking for. It helps in preventing water, dirt, dust, salt, and even oil stains. Simple and easy to use. Just apply it to your shoes once, and you are good to go!Check the price on Amazon
Simply cleaning your velvet shoes is not enough. You also need an excellent protector, which will form a barrier to your shoes and prevent them from oil and water stains.
The ScotchgardProtector works like magic to create a wall that prevents your velvet shoes from getting wet. Not only does the protector work on water, but also on salt stains and oil stains.
Applying the Scotchgard Protector is so easy; use it directly on your velvet shoes and let it dry before you wear them again! The quick-drying formula ensures that your shoes have protection within minutes, and you don’t need to worry about water or oil stains any longer.
Extend the life of your beautiful velvet shoes with regular cleaning and maintaining them using the Scotchgard Protector.
Why We Like It:
- it comes in an easy to use spray bottle solution
- the formula dries quickly and doesn’t leave behind any stains or residue on your velvet shoes
- you can spray the formula on your shoes once every 6 months for maximum protection
- the formula is safe for velvet and is entirely odorless
What We Don’t Like:
- In case of heavy usage of your velvet shoes, you might need to use the protector more frequently
The fix: The easy to use spray bottle ensures there is no wastage of product. Spray the formula generously on your velvet shoes, allow it to dry, and use it again as and when you need to!
Why You Should Get It:
When it comes to protecting your velvet shoes, your best bet is the Scotchgard Protector spray bottle formula. Use it as and when you need the best results and protection against oil, salt, and water stains. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
How to clean your velvet shoes with a soft brush
If you happen to get mud or any kind of wet stains on your velvet shoes, allow it to dry first, and then use this method to clean your velvet shoes:
- The most important thing to remember is that you should not rub your velvet shoes when they are wet. Allow your velvet shoes to dry completely first.
- Once the mud stains or other wet stains dry on your velvet shoes, take a soft brush or an old toothbrush.
- Brush the velvet shoes in one direction only, and not in the opposite direction from the velvet fibers. Be very careful when doing this as you don’t want to damage your velvet shoes.
- Lastly, you can wipe your shoes with a soft microfiber cloth.
How to clean your velvet shoes with lemon juice and baking soda
In case of other marks and spills, you can clean your velvet shoes with the help of lemon juice and baking soda. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a microfiber cloth or a clean, dry towel and blot up any excess moisture or spills from your velvet shoes.
- Take a small bowl and create a mixture with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Mix this well to create a fizzy solution. Continue to mix the solution until foam appears.
- Take a soft cloth and simply skim over the foam of the solution to pick up a small amount. Now, use this to clean your velvet shoes. Make sure that you do not pick up excess liquid as this might damage your velvet shoes.
- Be very careful not to rub the velvet during this step. Instead, simply use long, gentle strokes to clean the velvet shoes.
- Finally, take a soft, clean, and dry towel or cloth and blot your velvet shoes to pick up any excess liquid. Allow it to air dry, or take an air dryer and dry your velvet shoes before you store them.
How to clean your velvet shoes with talcum powder
A great alternative to cleaning up oil-based stains from your velvet shoes is to use talcum powder to clean it. Here is how you can do it:
- In case you find an oil-based spill on your beautiful velvet shoes, don’t panic! Take a blotting paper or merely a paper towel and blot up the excess oil from your velvet shoes. However, make sure that you do not rub, as it will hardly set the oils in even further.
- Take some talcum powder and sprinkle it directly over the oil spill on your velvet shoes.
- Allow the talcum powder to absorb the oil completely from your shoes.
- Now, take a soft brush or a toothbrush and gently brush away the talcum powder from your shoes. Make sure to brush only in one direction, as you don’t want to damage the fibers of your velvet shoes.
How to clean your velvet shoes with vinegar
Another method to clean your velvet shoes is to use vinegar as a cleaning agent. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a microfiber cloth and run it gently over the velvet shoes to remove any marks, spots, dirt, or dust from your shoes.
- Take a small spray bottle and fill it up with water and white distilled vinegar.
- Shake the bottle well to mix the ingredients.
- Now, spray the vinegar water solution directly over your velvet shoes, especially over any spots or marks you want to remove.
- Allow the vinegar solution to sit undisturbed for a while.
- Take a clean cloth or paper towel and gently blot off any stains, marks, or dirt from your velvet shoes.
- Allow your velvet shoes to air dry completely.
How to clean your velvet shoes with water and alcohol
Finally, you can use this home remedy for cleaning your velvet shoes. It is essential that you remember not to put the excess liquid on your velvet shoes, as it may damage the fibers. Here is how you can clean your shoes with water and alcohol:
- Take a microfiber cloth and gently rub or blot it over your velvet shoes to remove any dirt and dust or pick up any wet spills and marks.
- In a small bowl, create a mixture of water and just a little bit of alcohol. Mix this well.
- Take a soft sponge and dip one end of it into the water and alcohol mixture.
- Now, using the sponge, gently remove any marks and stains from your velvet shoes.
- Take a clean, dry cloth and blot up any excess liquid from your shoes.
- Use an air dryer to dry your shoes or simply allow it to air dry.
How to protect velvet shoes
Velvet shoes come in beautiful colors and shades that look gorgeous with your outfits. However, to keep them looking gorgeous, you need to protect them well. Use a protector on your shoes once every 6 months, which will repel water, oil, and salt stains from ruining your beautiful shoes.
You should also keep your velvet shoes safely, so there is no exposure to water, direct sunlight, or dust and dirt. Whether or not you are wearing your velvet shoes regularly, make sure you clean them just so they don’t have staining or marks on them.
Can you put velvet shoes in the washing machine
Typically, your velvet shoes are way too delicate for machine washing. In case your shoes are not pure velvet, they will be able to survive a mild wash and rinse cycle in the washing machine, but the best way to clean your velvet shoes would be dry cleaning them or washing them by hand.
If you don’t want to damage your beautiful velvet shoes, you shouldn’t take the chance and put them inside your washing machine. You will find a lot of good cleaners on the market, which will help you clean and maintain the beautiful velvet shoes without the need for a washing machine!
How do you get mud off velvet shoes
You need to take great care when cleaning the mud off your velvet shoes. The very first thing to remember is never to try and clean the shoes when the mud is wet, as you can damage the shoes even more. Instead, let the mud dry and then slowly brush it off using a soft toothbrush. Make sure that you brush it in one direction only; otherwise, you might damage the fibers and the look of the velvet.
Finally, in case of any stubborn stains, you can use a cleaner on them, allow it to sit for a few minutes, and then wipe it clean with a clean, soft cloth.
How to remove dust from velvet shoes
Dust settling on your velvet shoes can really damage the look and even the fibers of your beautiful velvet shoes. If you see dust on your shoes, the first thing you need to do is gently wipe it off using a soft cloth or even a soft bristle toothbrush. Of course, when you do this, make sure you are careful with the fabric. Otherwise, you might damage the shoes even more.
Dip a soft cloth either in a soapy water solution, or use a cleaning product to remove all traces of dust and dirt from the shoes. Finally, dry them properly using a microfiber towel before storing them or wearing them again.