If you have children, you know the risk of them running around wild with crayons in their hands, trying to color everything in sight! In case your child has left their crayon marks on your new TV screen, and you are wondering how to remove crayon from TV screen, here are some safe tricks you can use now!
We will also share with you a few amazing products such as the Screen Mom, to help you remove the crayon marks without any issues and right away. You can read more on these further down in this post.
How to remove crayon from your TV screen using dish soap and warm water
In this method, you can remove crayon marks from your TV screen using mild dish soap and warm water. However, make sure not to saturate the cloth with too much liquid and use only a mildly damp cloth for it. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and fill it with lukewarm water.
- Take a very mild dish soap and squirt a few drops of it into the water.
- Mix it well to create a foamy solution.
- Now, take a clean, dry cloth and dip one end of it into the soapy water solution.
- Squeeze out all of the water from it so that it is only mildly damp.
- Using this cloth, gently clean the crayon marks from your TV screen. Make sure you turn off the power from the main switch first before doing this.
- Do not apply pressure on to your TV screen, instead, use a very gentle motion to remove the crayon marks from your TV screen.
Best cleaners for crayon marks
Although many of the other solutions will do a fine job, sometimes you may need something more powerful. Here are our picks:
The Screen Mom cleaner is a fantastic product for removing any stains, marks, dust, and fingerprints from TV screens. This versatility makes it perfect for removing crayon marks. The cleaner is safe to use around family and pets. It doesn’t contain any odors and doesn’t cause streaks. On top of all, it is an incredible value for the money. By far, our favorite screen cleaner!Check the price on Amazon
If you have children at home, then you know of the horror of coming across crayon marks on your walls and tv screen. What you need is a good screen cleaner like Screen Mom. The reason why this product is so popular is that it is so affordable, yet, has so many uses! You can use this great spray cleaner about 80 times or for 1572 sprays for cleaning your tv screen!
Of course, when you are cleaning your tv screen, you need to find a cleaner that will not damage your delicate screen. Screen Mom is the best product as it does not contain any alcohol, phosphates, ammonia, or harsh cleaning ingredients.
Another great thing about Screen Mom is that this cleaner is entirely odorless. While this might not seem like a huge advantage, it can really be helpful to those who have sensitivities or respiratory issues.
The large microfiber cloth along with Screen Mom is perfect for helping you clean your tv screen and easily remove the crayon marks, leaving behind no traces.
Why We Like It:
- Very safe formula; no alcohol, no phosphates, and no ammonia
- Easy to use spray bottle solution
- Odorless formula
- Does not leave behind any residue or streaks
What We Don’t Like:
- If you allow the product to dry on your screen for too long before wiping it, you may leave behind streaks on your tv screen
The fix: The best way to use Screen Mom screen cleaner is to spray and wipe with the large microfiber towel. Don’t allow the product to dry on your screen, and you can avoid any pesky marks and streaks.
Why You Should Get It:
Removing crayon marks from your tv screen has never been easier. Screen Mom is a perfect, odorless, gentle, and easy-to-use formula for cleaning your tv screen regularly. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Calyptus TV Screen Cleaner
Calyptus Screen Cleaner is a plant-based formula that contains 100 percent natural and plant ingredients. It is non-toxic, biodegradable which makes it perfect for use around your family and pets. Since it is more on the natural side of things, it may take a couple of tries to remove those crayon stains, but it will do a great job. If you add the great value on top of all, this is one fantastic product.Check the price on Amazon
When looking for screen cleaners, many often prefer to opt for greener products. Calyptus TV Screen Cleaner is just the product that you are looking for. The ingredients in this tv screen cleaner are entirely organic, biodegradable, non-toxic, and completely safe for you, your TV, and your environment.
The easy to use spray bottle cleaner is handy in removing crayon marks from your TV. In fact, use Calyptus TV Screen Cleaner along with the E-wipe, which comes with it for the best results.
Calyptus contains unique ingredients that safely dissolve and break down oils on your TV screen. It helps you quickly remove the crayon marks without leaving behind any streaks or dull residue on your screen. The solution has a high concentration, which ensures that you don’t need to overuse the product to get optimal results. Since it is a green product, it is entirely safe for regular use.
Why We Like It:
- Completely organic, non-toxic formula- safe for you and the environment
- Gives you more than 750 sprays
- Removes crayon marks, oils, stains, dust, and dirt easily from tv screens
- No ammonia, VOC’s or alcohol
What We Don’t Like:
- If you spray it directly on the screen, it may leave streaks or residue
The fix: Spray the Calyptus TV Screen Cleaner on the E-Wipe and not directly on the screen, which will prevent any streaking and damage to the screen entirely.
Why You Should Get It:
Those who are looking for an all-natural formula to cleaning the crayon marks off their tv screen, Calyptus TV Screen Cleaner, is the best biodegradable solution for you. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
MiracleWipes for TV screen
If you prefer to use wipes, then look no further. The MiracleWipes are great for cleaning your screens. In all fairness, these won’t do an as good job as the products above but give it a few attempts, and you will be surprised. The best thing about this product is how convenient it is to use. You don’t need any cleaners or towels. Just wipe the crayon mark a few times, and you are good to go!Check the price on Amazon
If you are not really looking for a spray bottle cleaner for your TV screen, then MiracleWipes for TV Screen is a great product that you can look into. It is so easy to use this product, remove one wet wipe, and directly use it to clean and polish your TV screen.
The unique ingredients in MiracleWipes for TV Screen ensure that all kinds of oils, marks, fingerprints, food residue, dirt, dust, and other residue wipe off your TV screen without any extra scrubbing or buffing.
The MiracleWipes wet wipes have a Quick-Dry formula, which ensures that there is no streaking or dull marks left behind on your TV screens after use. With 30 wet wipes in one pack, you have enough MiracleWipes to last you for a long time!
An anti-static formula ensures that you can wipe away all crayon marks off your TV screens without causing any damage to the screen.
Why We Like It:
- Easy to use wet wipes- no additional cleaner
- Anti-static, quick-drying formula
- 30 wet wipes in one bottle
- No streak solution for clean results
What We Don’t Like:
- Since the wet wipes can actually be quite ‘moist,’ the cleaner might sometimes be ‘too much’ for your TV screen and leave it looking slightly wet
The fix: Instead of using the entire surface of the wet wipe, try and use small portions at a time so that you have better control over how much cleaner you are using!
Why You Should Get It:
If an easy to use, spray bottle free solution is what you want, then MiracleWipes for TV Screen is just what you need to remove all kinds of crayon marks off your TV screens immediately. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
How to remove crayon from your TV screen using vinegar and warm water
Here is another method you can use to remove crayon marks from your TV screen using just vinegar and water. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and add 2 parts of warm water and 1 part of white, distilled vinegar into it.
- Mix this well to create your solution.
- Take a clean, dry cloth and dip one end of it slightly into your vinegar-water solution.
- Now, make sure that you squeeze out all of the water from the cloth. It should not be wet, just mildly dampened with the vinegar-water solution.
- Turn off your TV from the mains before you clean it.
- Gently rub the dampened cloth on your TV screen where you can see the crayon marks. With just some gentle pressure, you will be able to remove the crayon marks from the TV screen efficiently.
How to remove crayon marks from your TV screen using white toothpaste
Another excellent method that you can use to remove stubborn crayon marks from your TV screen is to use white toothpaste for cleaning. Here is how you can do it:
- Make sure that you switch off your TV power from the mains before you start the process.
- Take a clean, dry cloth and squirt a tiny, smaller than a pea-sized amount of white toothpaste on it.
- Now, very gently use this cloth to scrub out the crayon marks from the TV screen. Be very careful not to use too much pressure on your screen as you might damage it. You should use very soft, circular motions to clean out the crayon marks.
- Take another clean cloth and mildly dampen it with some water. Make sure you squeeze out all of the excess water so that it is not dripping with water.
- Use this cloth to gently clean the TV screen and remove the toothpaste as well as crayon marks altogether.
- If some crayon marks still persist, you can apply a little bit of gentle pressure using the damp cloth to remove it, but be very careful to not apply too much pressure on the TV screen.
- Finally, take a microfiber cloth and dry the TV screen. You can use the microfiber cloth to polish your TV screen gently and return its new look and shine back.
How to remove crayon marks from your TV screen using shaving cream
You can also use this method to remove crayon marks from your TV screen using just shaving cream. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a clean, dry sponge or a cloth and apply a minimal amount of shaving cream on to it. If you accidentally spray excess shaving cream, throw away the excess and work with only a small amount.
- Using the sponge or the cloth, gently use circular motions to scrub the crayon marks out of the TV screen. Make sure that you switch off your TV from the main power before doing this.
- In case there are any stubborn or persistent crayon marks, simply use a bit of gentle pressure to rub out the crayon marks thoroughly. Of course, if you need to, you can add a little more of the shaving cream to the sponge or the cloth.
- Finally, you can take a soft, dry cloth or a microfiber cloth to wipe out the rest of the shaving cream and marks from your TV screen. Use a buffing motion to completely clean the TV screen and make it look like new again!
How to remove crayon marks from your TV screen using rubbing alcohol
Finally, the last method that you can use to remove crayon marks from your TV screen is to use a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a clean, dry cloth and dip it into a solution of rubbing alcohol.
- Squeeze out any excess liquid from the cloth, as you don’t want it to be soaking wet, just slightly damp with the rubbing alcohol.
- Take the cloth and gently try to rub off the crayon marks from your TV screen. Use soft, circular motions to do this and do not apply too much pressure.
- Lastly, you can use a soft cloth or a microfiber cloth to wipe your TV screen and bring it back to its natural shine.
Can you use a magic eraser on a TV screen?
A magic eraser can be a great, versatile cleaning tool for a lot of products in your home. However, DO NOT use it on your TV screens! Magic erasers can be quite abrasive and damage your delicate TV screens, which is why you should never use them for any cleaning on your screen.
Instead, use a good TV screen cleaner along with a microfiber cloth or a towel to wipe down your TV screen regularly. It not only removes marks, dirt, dust, oils, and fingerprints but also ensures that it does not damage your TV screen at all!