Rust stains occur when a wet metallic surface comes in contact with your tiles. This is quite a common problem in most households. However, if you are looking for tips on how to remove rust from tiles, then you have come to the right place. Here is a list of some of the best home remedies to remove rust from tiles easily.
How to clean rust from tiles using lemon juice and borax
- Take a small bowl and mix in equal parts of fresh lemon juice with equal parts of borax. Mix this well to create a solution.
- Apply this solution directly on to the rust-stained area on your tiles. Let it sit undisturbed for just about 5 minutes, however, make sure that the lemon juice does not dry.
- Now, take an old toothbrush and start scrubbing the rust stains in the firm, circular motions.
- If required, you can continue adding small portions of the lemon juice and borax solution on to the rust-stained area as you work on it with your toothbrush.
- You will see that most of the rust stains are gone. If you find any remaining stubborn rust stains on your tiles, then you can add some lemon juice on top of the stained area, and pour some table salt over the same area. Make sure that the lemon juice and salt have completely covered up the entire rust stains.
- Allow this to sit undisturbed for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Take your old toothbrush once again and start scrubbing the area to remove the rest of the rust stains from the tiles. Once you remove the rust stains, rinse out the area with cold water.
How to clean rust from tiles using baking soda
- Take some baking soda and sprinkle it directly on top of the rust stains on your bathroom tiles. Allow it to sit undisturbed for about 10 minutes.
- Then, grab an old toothbrush, and dip it in a bowl of water to wet the bristles.
- Start to scrub away the baking soda with the toothbrush gently. Use strong, circular motions, and work with the grain to remove all the rust stains effectively from your tiles.
- Keep re-wetting the brush with water as necessary and use it to scrub the baking soda into the tiles and remove the rust stains.
- After this process, rinse out the entire area with cold water. If you find any rust stains remaining, repeat the process once again till you have removed all the rust stains from the tiles.
How to remove rust stains from tiles using cream of tartar
- The first thing you need to do is to take a pumice stone and gently scrub at the rust-stained area on your bathroom tiles. Be careful while doing this, as you don’t want to damage your beautiful bathroom tiles. Use a gentle hand while using the pumice stone.
- Take a small bowl and create a paste of one part of the cream of tartar and two parts of water. Mix this well to create a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this directly on top of the rust-stained areas on your tiles.
- Allow it to sit undisturbed for a few minutes.
- Take a rag or a soft brush and begin to scrub the rust-stained area on the tiles gently. Use circular motions while doing this.
- Wipe away the rest of the paste and rinse the tiles with warm water after you have removed the rust stains effectively.
How to remove rust stains from tiles using salt and vinegar
- Take a small bowl and create a solution using distilled white vinegar and salt. Mix it well to create a grainy solution.
- Apply this directly on to the rust stained area on your tiles.
- Allow it to sit undisturbed for about 30 minutes.
- Then, take a sponge or an old toothbrush and begin to scrub the rust stains on your tiles.
- If required, you can add more of the vinegar and salt solution to the rust stains on the tiles and continue scrubbing with the brush or the sponge.
- Rinse out the area with water once you have removed the rust stains. However, if any rust stains persist, you can always repeat the process to remove the stubborn stains which are left behind.
How to remove rust stains from tiles using lemon and baking soda
- Take a small bowl and create a mixture using lemon juice, and adding a small portion of baking soda to it. The mixture will begin to fizz immediately. Mix the two ingredients well and apply it directly on to the rust stained area on your tiles.
- Allow this to sit undisturbed for about half an hour.
- Then, take a sponge or an old toothbrush. Begin to scrub the rust stained area using it gently. You will be able to remove most of the rust stains from the tiles quite easily.
- If you find any rust stains remaining, add more of the lemon and baking soda solution on top of the rust stains and continue scrubbing the area.
- Once you have removed the rust stains, rinse out the area with water and let it wipe it dry.
How to remove rust stains from tiles using rubbing alcohol
- Take a pumice stone and begin to scrub the rust stained area on your bathroom tiles. Be very careful while using the pumice stone as you do not want to damage your tiles.
- Take a clean, soft cloth or a sponge and dip it into some rubbing alcohol.
- Now, using the wet portion of the cloth, begin to gently scrub away at the rust stained area on your tiles.
- Be sure to wear rubber gloves when you are doing this, and also remember to keep your room well ventilated.
- If required, rewet the cloth or the sponge with some more rubbing alcohol, and continue to scrub the rust stained area.
- You will be able to remove the rust stains effectively from your tiles.